[Distutils] zc.buildout/zc, recipe.egg: passing extra options for build_ext

kiorky kiorky at cryptelium.net
Sat Feb 19 20:04:08 CET 2011

Le 19/02/2011 01:45, Maurits van Rees a écrit :
> Op 18-02-11 19:29, kiorky schreef:
>> Le 18/02/2011 17:18, Maurits van Rees a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>> I see that you can add specify some custom build settings for packages with
>>> C-extensions:
>>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.recipe.egg#creating-eggs-with-extensions-needing-custom-build-settings
>> You can with minitage.recipe.scripts :
>>     - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/minitage.recipe.egg#specific-options
>>     -
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/minitage.recipe.egg#installing-eggs-with-custom-build-ext-options
> Thanks for the info.  I had a look at these.  I saw that this recipe pulls in
> some other minitage packages as well and in the end even pulls in mercurial,
> which failed for me on Ubuntu due to a missing bzip2 library.

Well... mercurial is an historical dependency from minitage.core.
I'm thinking about to remove it or not for years.

> But I'll have a look at how this recipe does its stuff. Prefixing the extra
> options with 'bdistext' to avoid confusion with other options at least seems a
> good idea.

This is also a bit historical but yes i found also that it is more
straightforward like that...
Think that minitage.recipe.* are mostly 'compatible' with zc.recipe.* stuff. You
can even replace them on the fly on your buildout without touching anything but
adding 'buildout.minitagificator' to your extensions (it will just monkey patch
the recipes and entry points).

> Cheers,

GPG Key FingerPrint: 0x1A1194B7681112AF
Pensez à l’environnement.
N’imprimez ce courriel que si vous en avez vraiment besoin.