[Distutils] buildout download cache

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Mon Jan 10 08:50:16 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 10:59:18PM +0100, rafael at nexedi.com wrote:
> We are planning to extend buildout download API to provide a
> distributed automatic packaging and caching system so that even if
> original source web site is down, the buildout process can stil run.
> This could also be useful to build software in secured networks.
>
> Do you know of any similar project before we start?

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.eggproxy

(I haven't used it myself yet. When PyPI or original mirrors go down, I
can always find the necessary package in my development machine's
~/.buildout/cache/ and copy it over to where I need it -- because I've
set a global download-cache in ~/.buildout/default.cfg.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.