[Distutils] using ZSQLMethods pypi package in zope 2.13

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.nl
Mon Jul 11 21:45:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am using zope 2.9.9 and I was trying a migration to 2.13.8 which I
have installed with buildout. I am however struggling with this new
system, much more complex than the simple old Products system.

The zope instance contains a Products folder where I have been able to
drop in a few packages (a subfolder in it, actually) from Pypi.

However, ZSQLMethods contains the Shared subfolder which is a dependency
for the ZSQLMethods and I don't know where to put Shared to make it work
(it doesn't work under Products).

Based on the buildout.cfg of ZSQLMethods, I did:

[buildout]
parts = ...
     zsql

[zsql]
recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
eggs = Products.ZSQLMethods

However, running bin/buildout I got

Error: Picked: Products.ZSQLMethods = 2.13.4

I guess it should not be so difficult to install ZSQLMethods, but I
can't really figure it out. Suggestions?

Fernando