[Distutils] buildout 2.0 - alternative installation providers

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 13:28:20 CEST 2011

Hi Jim,

Have you had any dealings with Enthought's Python Distribution:

https://www.enthought.com/products/epd.php

It looks like a useful tool, providing pre-compiled and compatible
versions of a lot of the numeric and scientific libraries that can be a
total PITA to get installed and working with each other...

They also have their own installer tool, enpkg, which, from what I can
tell behaves a lot like easy_install.

I wonder what your thoughts are about getting buildout and EPD to play
nicely with each other?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk