[Distutils] Distribute: Running 2to3 on just some files/directories

Vladimir Perić vlada.peric at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:10:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've got a Distribute question: We bundle a library in our application. The
library is already py3k compatible but we need to use 2to3 for our code. Is
there a way to tell Distribute to skip a directory? Or, alternatively, to
feed it a list of to run 2to3 on directly. I looked at the relevant code (in
build_py) but I can't seem to get it. How does Distribute know which files
have changed? Perhaps we could "trick" it into thinking that directory
hasn't changed so that it wouldn't run 2to3 on it. If this is not possible
at all, I'd be willing to code it for Distribute (provided someone gives me
some pointers).

Thanks!

--
Vladimir Perić