[Distutils] Proposed change to buildout configuration-file handling

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Mon Mar 7 11:23:22 CET 2011

Le 06/03/2011 16:34, Jim Fulton a écrit :
> An annoyance in buildout configurations, resulting from [its] use of
> ConfigParser, is that configuration data lines are stripped of leading
> spaces.

configparser is much better in 3.2 (I’m cc’ing the author of those
improvements and new module maintainer), and I already suggested a
standalone release on PyPI for older Pythons.  It would be nice to work
out whether your needs could be addressed directly at the source before
being forced to fork or monkey-patch.

Regards