[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] pypi/packages/docs.python.org

Richard Jones richard at python.org
Mon Mar 7 23:52:56 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Mark Sienkiewicz <sienkiew at stsci.edu> wrote:
> I suggest:
>
> - Generate a link if there is documentation

Right, we do this already.

> - Generate the text "No documentation" in the place where the link would be
> if there is no documentation.

I don't like this. The documentation space on pypi is offered as a
space for projects that's convenient or where they otherwise wouldn't
be able to host their own documentation website. It's not something I
wish to force people to use (just like package upload isn't something
we force people to do), and stating "no documentation" would be a bit
of a lie in a bunch of cases. Even with additional clarifying wording
it's still a negative statement that I don't think we need to make.

     Richard