[Distutils] Name the software! Package quality tester.

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Mar 9 19:26:34 CET 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 7:06 AM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:

> They certainly aren't "projects" in any sense that most people would
> understand.  They are arguably products of projects. Of course, the
> term "product" has negative connotations for some folks.

Not for everybody!  As far as I am concerned, the whole Python packaging ecosystem (not to mention every Twisted-based plugin mechanism and extension point) is merely trying to re-ascend to the lofty heights once occupied by the beautiful completeness and usability of the zope2 "product" architecture :).  (Not kidding!  I loved those things.)