[Distutils] reservations about pythonv

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Thu Mar 17 13:36:58 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> I vaguely recall that while this *should* work, it actually doesn't
> because once the executable has started, $LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't consulted
> again.

I recall less vaguely, since we've had to deal with this problem more
recently than your Solaris antics.  :-)  The loader consults
LD_LIBRARY_PATH before  main()  is called, initializing it's own
state, and doesn't pick up changes.  This makes a re-exec necessary if
the new value is different from the original (worth checking to avoid
an exec).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein