[Distutils] Stop using setuptools or distribute in buildout (was Re: Fwd: Re: window 64bit madness)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sat Mar 19 15:23:17 CET 2011

2011/3/19 Adam GROSZER <agroszer at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> As Jim wants to dump setuptools support from buildout, ...

I don't want to, and won't until it gets too painful to support
both. I just suspect that time is drawing near.

I can also foresee a time at which buildout stops using either.  That
might be the best path for buildout....wow, the more I think of that,
the more appealing it seems.  Replacing use of setuptools/distribute
could be a really nice project for a certain upcoming German buildout
sprint. :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton