[Distutils] VirtualPython proposal

d.camata at gmail.com d.camata at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 04:12:26 CET 2011

Sorry for the lack of information.

I'm a student from Northern University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I met
Python like 1 year ago, when I was applying for a project in the Information
Systems Research Group, at Rio de Janeiro's Federal Institute. My team's
work was to port the main project of the group to a services architecture
using Cyclone, Redis and zc.buildout. Later we moved on from xmlrpc to a
RESTful service.

I built a zc.buildout recipe that bootstraps a clean web2py environment,
installs an app and make it the default app. Contributed to a few
open-source projects, like restfulie-py, specloude, RestMQ and Cyclone, the
last only reporting bugs.

I liked virtualpython idea because I saw in it a very good oportunity to
learn how things like virtualenv and virtualenvwrapper works depthly and
contribute to the community at same time.

--

Github: http://github.com/douglascamata <http://github.com/douglasamata>