[Distutils] Looking for advice on distutils/dist.py and distutils.cfg

Bill Shipman wjshipman at gmail.com
Thu May 19 00:08:06 CEST 2011

Good evening!

I'm looking for some direction on a compiler problem.

As per the instructions at

http://www.pdynamo.org/mainpages/installation/windows.html

I am creating the file distutils/distutils.cfg which has 2 lines,
****************
[build]
compiler=mingw32
****************

as per distutils/dist.py I've also added an identical file setup.cfg in the
installation directory of this library.

Thus far it always tries to compile using the Visual Studio 9's C compiler
when I run python Install.py

I am awaiting advice from the pdynamo group but I need to move on this
quickly.

I'm using python 2.6.6 on Windows 7.  I have been advised that pdynamo will
not compile with 64bit python.

The guy who maintains their Windows installation guide sent me revised
instructions for Win7 which he says works fine for him.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Bill