[Distutils] develop and --record

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 11:39:55 CET 2011

On 11/25/2011 10:32 AM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> well, since develop just hooks a package in-place, I don't think the
> --record option does anything
It should at least record these files for example:

Installing gen_requires.py script to /home/andrea/.local/bin
Installing remove_eggs.py script to /home/andrea/.local/bin
Installing dev_main_no_eggs.py script to /home/andrea/.local/bin

And also the link created, which is still a file written in
site-packages imho..
> That's a good point. Please add a ticket here :
> https://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issues

I will open a ticket sure, I can't rely however on the development version,
so I'll need another way to fix this maybe..