[Distutils] Some distutils2/packaging questions

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 21:54:26 CET 2011

Hi,
I hope this is the right list for usage questions on
distutils2/packaging. If not, please point me at the correct list.

I'm looking at how I'd translate existing setup.py configurations into
the new setup.cfg format. One situation I'm not sure how to deal with
is the package_data argument to setup(). This allows me to specify
data files which are to be installed as part of a package. How would I
do this in distutils2/packaging? The resources entry seems like the
intended place, but I don't see how I can specify the destination
without making too many assumptions about precisely where the package
will get installed.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Paul.