[Distutils] Installing the dependencies in the develop egg setup.py

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Wed Sep 7 21:37:27 CEST 2011

On 07-09-11 18:47, L. Guruprasad wrote:
> But now my question is if I have just a develop egg in my buildout.cfg
> with dependencies listed in setup.py and no other parts/recipes used,
> buildout will not install the dependencies right?

In that case, nothing effectively uses the egg. Because buildout
installs the develop egg, it probably grabs the dependencies just fine.

But if you don't actually use the egg, you won't see the results
anywhere. Perhaps just a zc.recipe.egg part?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/
reinout at vanrees.org             http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/