[Distutils] buildout: overriding the global [versions] section

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jan 12 11:08:08 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Leonardo Rochael Almeida
<leorochael at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems I cannot override, for a single buildout part, the version
> information of the global [versions] section.
>
> Is this possible and I just overlooked something?
>
> If not, I intend to add support for that on zc.recipe.egg and/or
> z3c.recipe.scripts recipes.
>
> Any comments?
> Any comments, for or against?

Overall you raise a good point.

Rather than having part-specific versions, I'd rather just let explicit
versions specified in in parts (e.g. in eggs options) override versions
specifications.

Also, there's value in having one place to see see versions used
so I it's possible some folks would object to this change.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton