[Distutils] buildout: several fold performance increases

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Sun Jan 22 19:26:03 CET 2012

On 22-01-12 02:37, Ross Patterson wrote:
> Also, with this approach, it may be possible to do
> global dist caching which can be updated as things are changed by
> hooking into zc.buildout.easy_install's develop(), install(), and
> build().  Thoughts?

Would any work you do in this area make it easier to handle selected
global packages? The hard point there seems to me to keep track of what
is coming from where. When buildout has a firmer grip itself on where
what dist is, doing advanced tricks with them might be easier.

Unrelated to your work as such, but as long as you're thinking about a
global dist cache, throwing an extra possible usecase at you might help
you design it ;-)

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/