[Distutils] [buildout] windows issue causes jenkins problems

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 19:54:04 CET 2012

ShiningPanda plugin 0.7 looks fantastic.
Sadly, for at least one of the things I wanted to use it for there's a snag:

On 08/01/2012 13:29, Chris Withers wrote:
> The weird process forking stuff that running buildout on windows
> sometimes does causes problems for Jenkins:
> http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/testfixtures-buildout/32/PYTHON=2.6,label=windows/console
> Is there any way I can cause this not to happen?

I had an outside hope that ShiningPanda would somehow wait for the weird
forking stuff to be done, but sadly not:

So, for now I'll have to stick with the hacky script:

Any ideas on this?
(other than rewriting buildout not to do the silly forking ;-) )

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk