[Distutils] the 'wheel' binary package format

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:36:53 CEST 2012

On 2 July 2012 15:07, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 July 2012 14:17, Daniel Holth <dholth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Shell script to build a directory full of wheels and then install
>> them. https://gist.github.com/3033186
>
> Is wheel for Python 2? I'm trying to build using 3.3a2, and I get:

Actually, I've hit a number of other issues when I try Python 2,
largely related to (a) the fact that I'm on Windows, so you can't
install pip with itself (can't overwrite the exe), and (b) I don't
have a workable git (so I had to download the patched pip manually)
and (c) it's a develop build, so I can't delete the patched pip once
it's installed (this is mainly because I don't have any familiarity
with develop installs, so I don't know how to change the command to
get a "normal" install - the obvious approach of changing "develop" to
"install" didn't work...). Maybe the Python 3 problem wasn't python 3
as such.

I'll try to get a workable version on Windows when I have some time.
(But I'd still like to know if it's intended to work on Python 3 - if
not, I probably won't bother for now).

Paul.