[Distutils] Self Introduction and Getting Hands On

Alexis Métaireau alexis at notmyidea.org
Tue Jul 3 10:12:02 CEST 2012

Le mar. 03 juil. 2012 10:08:07 CEST, Tarek Ziadé a écrit :
> Yeah so even a 'cleaned up' mirror will not do the trick.  For pip and
> easy_install, we need a lower-level barrier to avoid hitting the net

Well, if links are removed from the indexes, then the crawler will not
try to follow the links, which sounds enough, isn't it? In which cases
would an installer hit the external links if it doesn't have a way to
discover them?

Additionally, distutils2 do have a "follow_links" options that can be
set to False (I'm even wondering if thats not the default option)

Alexis