[Distutils] Proposal: drop md5 for sha256

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:05:44 CEST 2012

I am just re-using record in wheel files so I can implement a verify function someday. Pay no attention to this backward-compatible change. You can use the checksum you prefer, and if it does not begin with hashfunc= then you know it's an md5.

No discussion about adding provides-extra and the reserved extra names for python setup.py test? How about that the environment markers spec says you can use == but (naked version number) (4.0) is the only example given for "exactly this version"?

And why is pkg-info called metadata now anyway?

Daniel Holth