[Distutils] i have run the exe file, but it does not seem to work

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:25:20 CEST 2012

Send your response to the mailing list, not to me.

On Jul 23, 2012 7:08 AM, "Menghsiu Lee" <menghsiu.lee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Oscar:
> Frankly speaking, your response is the most friendly one. Thanks for
teaching me how to ask questions. As you can imagine, I am totally new in
python or in programming. I put the whole thing in a rar file because I am
afraid that people can not know what I wanna say and I am trying to open up
everything to everyone who helps me. Hence, I didn't know that rar file may
be used as a virus tool, cause I never have such idea.
> 1) What you are trying to do
> I am trying to make a game based on python. This game is a poker game. I
want to make people can put their face on the cards. Friends can play this
game via internet
> or invite each other via FB account. Also, like playing with friends, I
hope that people can place the bids on the table. The winner can take the
bid, but these bids are not cashable. They can only be used as a record for
fun. I do not know if I can make this or not, but I will try.

> 2) What steps you took
> This is the first step of the program. I am still working on sketch the
draft of the program.
> The basic functions are done, but I think that I may add more functions
to complete this program. This is just in the beginning. Things are fixed
yet.

> 3) What is not working
> Since I have change the codes and make some basic functions, I would like
to share this program with my friend. I would like to know what they think
about this program and would like to know if I can still make changes(eg,
functions, ideas) This is why I want to make the file an exe file.

> I have make pygame2exe.py file. This is what appears in the end.
>
> So, is this the correct way to ask questions?

No. There is no way that anyone can help you from that description. You
need to explain specifically what you want help with not provide a general
description of what you're trying to do.

oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 22 July 2012 08:32, Menghsiu Lee <menghsiu.lee at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> To whom it may concern:
>>> I read the response on the link below:
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/distutils-sig@python.org/msg13767.html
>>>
>>> And I follow your instruction, but then the exe file has idled.
>>> The attachment is my screen cut.
>>> The complete file link is in below:
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63928380/blackjack.rar
>>

>> Please don't post links to .rar files. The reason you got such an
unfriendly response on python-list is that instead of explaining your
problem you were expecting others to download a .rar file from an untrusted
source. This is what someone might do if they were trying to spread viruses.

>> You've attached your code this time, which is better, but you can't
expect someone to simply download your code files look through them, guess
what you're trying to do and tell you how to make it work. You need to
explain:
>> 1) What you are trying to do
>> 2) What steps you took
>> 3) What is not working
>>
>> Also, I think your problem is with py2exe, in which case you might have
better luck using the py2exe-users mailing list: