[Distutils] patch distutils to look into .dist-info directories

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Mon Jun 25 21:52:31 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Daniel Holth <dholth at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK I'll do that. Of course it also means the code won't work on Python
> < when e-mail.parser was introduced.
>
> What is the floor on Python versions for distutils?

distribute and setuptools try to support Python >= 2.3 - though the
earlier versions have likely seen less testing as of late.

Not sure if you really meant distutils, as that is part of Python itself.

> Would it work to
> require Python 2.6 just for the .dist-info bits?

That's not ideal in any way, but I'd say practicality beats purity
here. So if it's much simpler to write this code for Python 2.6, go
for it.

Hanno