[Distutils] specify manifest template other than MANIFEST.in

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Wed Mar 21 03:22:10 CET 2012

Hi,

Le 20/03/2012 15:10, kgk a écrit :
> The docs seems to suggest you can override the default name MANIFEST.in,
Correct.  I tried finding which part of the doc hinted about that to see
if I could improve it and could not find it!  Do you have the link?

> however, I cannot seem to find an option or parameter to do so.
Manifests and manifests templates are only used by the sdist command.
If you run “python setup.py sdist -h”, you’ll find the --template/-t option.

MANIFEST and MANIFEST.in can’t be found from the index pages in the
Python docs; I will fix that.

Regards