[Distutils] Buildout - Pass parameter to interpreter

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Mar 25 16:28:24 CEST 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Craig Younkins <cyounkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to run my code with the -3 flag of the 2.6 interpreter. The proxy
> script that buildout's zc.recipe.egg:scripts generates does not accept
> arbitrary interpreter arguments. How can I pass the -3 flag to the proxy
> script or otherwise run with the -3 flag? Thanks!

zc.recipe.egg doesn't let you control Python arguments in generated
scripts.  I wish it did. You could derive a recipe that did. (The easiest
way to do this would probably be to let the low-level buildout api
generate the script and then edit the script with the derived recipe.)
I wonder if someone has already done this.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton