[Distutils] Problem Installing Pysam Wrapping for SAMtools

Underhill, Jennifer M junderhill at lanl.gov
Wed May 30 22:16:00 CEST 2012

To whom it may concern:

I am very new to programming so I apologize if this question is overly simple.

When I attempt to install the wrapping system for SAMtools using pysam, I receive this error message:

[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/test-easy-install-45999.write-test'

I do not have administrative access to my computer, and I would like to know if it would be possible to specify a directory for the package to be installed in.

I am working on a Mac OSX and using the Terminal shell. Thank you.