[Distutils] [Python-Dev] [Catalog-sig] accept the wheel PEPs425, 426, 427

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:45:52 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM,  <a.cavallo at cavallinux.eu> wrote:

> +1
> Distutils is good enough: it could be better but for what is required
> (essentially copying files and creating packages installers) is fine. The only
> corner case is an absolute pain in the neck is in the cross compile scenario.

I think you should qualify all such statements like "distutils is good
enough for *me*" and ideally also describe why exactly it's good
enough for you. Such blank statement does not bring anything to the
discussion (for example I could reply with "distutils is clearly not
good enough" and we're both right and we did not get anywhere).

For example distutils is absolutely *untestable* which makes it very
far from good enough for me.

Cheers,
fijal