[Distutils] [Python-Dev] distlib updated with resources API

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 20:33:05 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> David Cournapeau <cournape <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The code that produces yaml files. The point is precisely that it
>> would be easy for me to consume this and produce the internal package
>> representation in bento, which would then allow to configure, build
>> and install packages using the bento format.
>
> Well, it's not pretty, but here's a Gist of the method which produces YAML
> metadata from what's passed to setup():
>
> https://gist.github.com/3812561

Thanks. I don't think it is fair to expect pretty code there in any case.

I noticed that you put the classifiers list as a string (same for
platform). I think it is expected to be a list, no ?

Maybe slightly more controversial, I think the manifest should be
"evaluated". The current system of inclusion + exclusion is too
baroque to my taste, and makes it near-impossible to make reproducible
builds.

David