[Distutils] accept the wheel PEPs 425, 426, 427

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 20:00:25 CEST 2012

> I suggest adding PEP 390 in the series of PEPs that are getting looked at.
>
> It's important to make sure they are all in sync.

Wheel archives don't include setup.cfg although PKG-INFO etc. may
include information generated from setup.cfg, and bdist_wheel has its
own idea of how to parse Requires-Dist PKG-INFO (taking only the parts
that are not represented in setup.py) from setup.cfg. bdist_wheel is
strictly a setuptools extension.

The "micro language for environment markers" is unfortunately defined
in multiple places.