[Distutils] Latest z3c.recipe.tag upload to PyPI is broken

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Sep 7 04:53:38 CEST 2012

The latest upload of z3c.recipe.tag appears to be broken.  I'm sending this
message to zope-dev at zope.org because that's the maintainer_email from the
setup.py, and I can't find any indication of where to submit bug reports.  I'm
also CC'ing distutils-sig, just 'cause. :)

Doing a buildout of the Mailman 3 trunk crashes today:

% bin/buildout
Develop: '/home/barry/projects/mailman/3.0/.'
[...]
Got z3c.recipe.scripts 1.0.1.
Getting distribution for 'zc.recipe.egg>=1.3.0'.
Got zc.recipe.egg 1.3.2.
Getting distribution for 'z3c.recipe.tag'.
error: /tmp/easy_install-ganUUb/z3c.recipe.tag-0.5/CHANGES.txt: No such file or directory
An error occurred when trying to install z3c.recipe.tag 0.5. Look above this message for any errors that were output by easy_install.
While:
  Installing.
  Getting section tags.
  Initializing section tags.
  Installing recipe z3c.recipe.tag.
  Getting distribution for 'z3c.recipe.tag'.
Error: Couldn't install: z3c.recipe.tag 0.5

PyPI says a new version of z3c.recipe.tags was uploaded today (2012-09-06).
It looks like a file was missing from the zip.

Cheers,
-Barry