[Distutils] User Viewpoint: Packaging History, Confusion and User Advice

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:35:24 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:31 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Once the user guide and meta guide are in a better state, we'll update
> the stdlib distutils docs with a reference to them as a guide to a
> more up to date packaging toolchain.

Oops, I meant to echo Marcus' sentiment that additional hands in
getting those guides to a more reasonable state is definitely welcome!

One of the challenges of the packaging ecosystem has been that those
involved have been busy enough working on the tools, that it's hard to
find the time to hammer the overall documentation (whether user or
developer oriented) into shape.

Cheers,
Nick.