[Distutils] Environment marker expression types

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 17:17:43 CEST 2013

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
>> Keeping extensions (which will include entry points) in a separate
>> file is another potentially useful idea.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nick.
>
> And here is where I wish JSON had a link type so that this data could either be inlined, or a link to the externalized data could be included.

If we move any content out to a separate file, the field itself will
stay, it will just contain a path relative to the metadata file. (It
does raise an interesting question in terms of filesystem abstractions
and the import system, but a "resolve metadata link" API could
probably handle that in the long run).

It's not especially pretty, but it's better than having to use
os.listdir and rely on predefined file names.

Cheers,
Nick.