[Distutils] .ini vs JSON vs YAML meta data format

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Sun Apr 28 02:05:18 CEST 2013

Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

>>This one is huge and requires example to be run to see the actual
>>error. Is that a minimal example? I don't even have an idea fails
>>there.
>

> Obviously small files might work, but that's no help. I didn't have
> the time to spend to make the example smaller. It is not *that* large,
> but it is the size of metadata that we have to handle. There are
> plenty of other issues on the tracker relating to dumping()/loading().

Looking at the script, it exhibits the problem only when you tweak the
style of the emitter, ie for aesthetic reasons I presume, so *that*
cannot be the main reason IMO in this thread's context.

The security issues are a much bigger problem (but there is a
safe_load() that maybe can alleviate those); maybe speed issues are also
worth a consideration.

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.