[Distutils] PEP449 - Removal of the PyPI Mirror Auto Discovery and Naming Scheme

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Sat Aug 17 04:45:47 CEST 2013

On Aug 16, 2013, at 10:31 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Heh, this got a "Usenet nod" from me. I wanted to mention this in a
> talk tomorrow, so I posted the updated draft in the PEPs repo.
>
> Hopefully the February timeframe is generous enough for Christian to
> either talk to the PSF about a cert for f.pypi.python.org, or else
> migrate to a different domain name. I think the exact date is the main
> open question now - I believe the PEP makes a solid case for why the
> status quo can't continue indefinitely.
>
> Cheers,
> Nick.

I forgot that still needed updated, thanks!

I know one person has said to me privately they plan on reviewing it still,
but I haven't seen anything from Christian.

Other then that I've not seen a lot of response so either people haven't
noticed it or they were usenet nodding as well :D

Donald Stufft