[Distutils] distutils.util.get_platform() - Linux vs Windows

samuel.ferencik at barclays.com samuel.ferencik at barclays.com
Tue Aug 20 08:15:46 CEST 2013

Chris,

What does your 'uname -m' return? Is it possible you're really running a 32-bit
Python on a *32-bit* OS X kernel? [http://superuser.com/q/161195]

Basically, you're saying that the return value is wrong on Linux and correct on
Windows, right? That get_platform() should return "32-bit" for a 32-bit process
running on a 64-bit system. TBH, I was expecting the opposite; to me, "platform"
means the OS, which would mean that Linux does well to derive the return value
from the OS's architecture.

Sam

This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction. It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use. Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.

For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer regarding market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants; and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.