[Distutils] Scripts in installed wheel RECORD

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Thu Dec 12 11:43:01 CET 2013

Hey all,
so I noticed a strange thing in RECORD of an installed wheel:
When a wheel that contains file "foo-1.data/scripts/spam" is installed, "spam" gets copied to a proper dir (e.g. /usr/bin) and the whole "foo-1.data" directory is deleted. A line with the new location is added to RECORD, but the old line is not deleted, so the file is listed twice in the RECORD file.
This seems to be wrong, since the original file doesn't exist any more, so "foo-1.data/scripts/spam" should be deleted from the RECORD (applies to all all files in "foo-1.data").
PEP 427 doesn't mention this situation, so I'm not sure - is this expected?
Thanks.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.