[Distutils] buildout/distribute (?) issue with Python 3 on Windows

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu Feb 14 12:15:34 CET 2013

On 14-02-13 08:09, Chris Withers wrote:
>> Thanks for this snippet, I would have had to look *much* harder
>> otherwise.
>> Now the only problem was cooking up a test case. Done in
>> https://github.com/buildout/buildout/pull/67
>
> Awesome, thanks! Is it only Jim who can merge and do a release?

Merge/release: I don't know. I thought more people had merge/release rights.

For the one who's going to do it, I looked through the pull requests.
62, 67 and 68 seem small enough for a quick 2.0.1 release:

https://github.com/buildout/buildout/pull/62 (--version)
https://github.com/buildout/buildout/pull/67 (fix for your __pycache__)
https://github.com/buildout/buildout/pull/68 (script encoding hint fix)

#51 is bigger, that's more 2.1 like. Conditions in sections.

https://github.com/buildout/buildout/pull/51

18, 22 and 36 seem hairy or unneeded or lack tests.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/
reinout at vanrees.org             http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/