[Distutils] Wheel support added to distlib

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 00:34:57 CET 2013

Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Currently it would do everything (once I fix the naming bug that's there), but
> you can basically control it by what arguments get passed to pip.

Hmmm - looking at it further, I think there might be problems with simplistic
handling of dependencies in wheeler. Consider that a distribution might be a
purelib, but its dependencies might be platlibs. Since the Wheel format doesn't
allow for both purelib and platlib, one would have to presumably consider any
mixed wheel as platlib? I will think on it some more, but for now it's probably
safest to update wheeler.py to add --no-deps to the flags passed to pip, so that
you get no dependencies included.

Perhaps Daniel can chime in here.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip