[Distutils] Delay acceptance of PEP 426 until after PyCon US?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:58:01 CET 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Daniel Holth <dholth at gmail.com> wrote:
> -1 The same arguments will just be repeated again.

I'm not so sure - at the moment, I'm basically saying "trust me, I
have a plan for this". I do have a plan, and I've shared bits and
pieces of it with different people, but not put any of it together as
coherent proposals (not even as an essay on python-notes, which is
what I'm working on now).

So I guess I'm really asking if there are any major plans people have
for the next month or so that hinge on using PEP 426 metadata rather
than setuptools metadata? If not, I think it's worth my taking the
time to give the PEP more context. Rolling out wheel support should be
enough to keep people busy for a while...

Cheers,
Nick.