[Distutils] [venv] distribute-0.6.35 fails on python 3.3?

Marcus Smith qwcode at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 20:26:24 CET 2013

> All the tests pass whenever I merge upstream changes, but I'm not sure how
> much
> confidence the maintainers have about test coverage and whether all tests
> passing
> means enough for them to release into the wild.
if they did release it to the wild, then the decision get's passed to
virtualenv, as to when it feels comfortable including the upgrade.
virtualenv/pip end's up being how many user's will first encounter
distribute releases (and problems if there are any).
running the pip test suite against distribute RCs before releasing would be
a good idea.
I'm happy to work with distribute people to make that happen.