[Distutils] buildout.dumppickedversions and buildout_versions

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Fri Jan 4 20:54:20 CET 2013

On 2013-01-04 14:32:06 +0000, Jim Fulton said:

>>> Got it.
>>

>> ...rather than just doing the right thing and telling you what it did ;-)
>
> I have no idea what your point is here.

I think this is a discussion of what -v does and if it can be made to
provide some of the same functionality that "buildout versions" and
"dump picked versions" provides. I'll also throw in that I like using
"dump requirements"[1] which is another fork of "dump picked versions"
that outputs pip-styles requirements.txt files.

Personally, when I run -v or -vv or -vvvv I expect to see debug output,
not necessarily something that is formatted for other purposes… for
whatever that is worth.

Alex

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/buildout.dumprequirements/0.1.1

--