[Distutils] Better version pinning in buildout (buildout-versions)

Chris Withers chris at python.org
Fri Jan 11 08:54:09 CET 2013

On 08/01/2013 13:02, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> That way you could say
>>
>>    [buildout]
>>    append-picked-versions = buildout.cfg
>>
>> and have it Just Work with no extra bootstrapping.
>
> It would work until someone added a new section at the end.

If the file is called version.cfg and contains one section, that seems
unlikely ;-)

I generally only use buildout.cfg as the file for tiny buildouts where
the whole cfg can be seen on one screen. If people add new sections to
the end of a file like that, they deserve to be shot.

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk