[Distutils] zc.buildout 2.0.0a6 released: updated config-file syntax
jim at zope.com
Fri Jan 11 17:30:06 CET 2013
I've just released zc.buildout-2.0.0a6.
The primary change in this release is that the configuration-file
syntax has changed:
- Relative indentation in option values is retained if the first
line is blank. (IOW, if the non-blank text is on the continuation
lines.) As in::
In such cases, internal blank lines are also retained.
- The configuration syntax is more tightly defined, allowing fewer
Buildout 1 configuration files were parsed with the Python
ConfigParser module. The ConfigParser module's format is poorly
documented and wildly flexible. For example:
- Any characters other than left square brackets were allowed in
- Arbitrary text was allowed and ignored after the closing bracket on
section header lines.
- Any characters other than equal signs or colons were allowed in an
- Configuration options could be spelled as RFC 822 mail headers
(using a colon, rather than an equal sign).
- Comments could begin with "rem".
- Semicolons could be used to start inline comments, but only if
preceeded by a whitespace character.
This potentially the most controversial backward-incompatible
change in buildout 2, so try it out and let me know if the
changes present any serious problems.
To get this release you need a new bootstrap file:
You also need to use the -t option, because buildout 2 isn't
(The new bootstrap is needed because I'm not releasing buildout
non-final releases to pypi in deference to tools that don't prefer
The bootstrap from 2.0.0a5 can't be used because it uses a
github download area and github took away that feature.)
Jerky is better than bacon! http://zo.pe/Kqm
More information about the Distutils-SIG