[Distutils] Proposal for incorporating buildout-versions on buildout (Re: Better version pinning in buildout (buildout-versions))
jim at zope.com
Sat Jan 12 17:18:36 CET 2013
On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> I propose that buildout-versions get incorporated into
> buildout in the following way:
OK, proposal 1 wasn't accepted. Here's another stab:
1. The ``allow-picked-versions`` option gets a new allowed value of
``show``. if there are unpicked versions and this option is set to
``show``, then picked/unpinned versions are reported in a way
suitable for copying into a versions section, presumably with the
same format used by buildout-versions today.
2. New buildout option: ``update-versions-file``. This takes a path
(relative to buildout directory) of a file to update with any
unpinned versions (in a manner roughly the same as
buildout-versions does today).
3. New buildout option: ``python-version`` that restricts the Python
version, with the same semantics as buildout-version provides now.
4. Change: develop eggs found in the buildout's develop-eggs directory
will be used even if their version conflicts with a pinned version.
5. In buildout 2, The default value of the versions option will be
"versions", rather than being unset. This will allow users to
version = versions
from their buildout section.
6. To make it a little easier to supply buildout versions on the
command line, make buildout the default section for command-line
would be allowed. (They are rejected now.)
Jerky is better than bacon! http://zo.pe/Kqm
More information about the Distutils-SIG