[Distutils] Review of latest draft of PEP 426 (Python package etadata v1.3)

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 04:58:14 CET 2013

I would very much like to move everyone to semver (in practice a subset
that is compatible with the file naming conventions, you probably won't get
far if your version contains a dash -). The setuptools behaviour is the
most practical scheme in use in the Python community. I've made most of the
suggested edits to the PEP. It hurts to have multiple version schemes in
concurrent use.