[Distutils] PEP 439 and pip bootstrap updated

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 07:19:29 CEST 2013

On 12 July 2013 15:11, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> In particular, it establishes the infrastructure to have pyvenv
> automatically bootstrap the installer into each venv, even when it isn't
> installed system wide (which is the key missing feature of pyvenv relative
> to virtualenv).

The other thing I will note is that *if* we decide to add an implicit
bootstrap later (which I doubt will happen, but you never know), then
having "getpip" available as an importable module will also make *that*
easier to write (since the heart of the current bootstrap code could be
replaced by "from getpip import bootstrap")

Cheers,
Nick.