[Distutils] PEP 426 updated based on last round of discussion

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 19:54:21 CEST 2013

Donald Stufft <donald <at> stufft.io> writes:

> So to be clear, this means it's
>
> {
>     "requires": [
>         "foo",
>         "bar"
>     ]
> }
>
> ?
>
> And it means that having multiple combinations of the same
> extra/envs is disallowed so I'm going to have to collapse everything
> back down since it's not stored that way at all?

I posted a working example [1] showing how there's no need to have the same
structure at the RDBMS layer and the JSON layer. I asked for more
information about modelling difficulties you said you had encountered, but
didn't hear anything more about it. AFAICT the code you were talking about
isn't public - at least, I couldn't see it in the branches on your GitHub repo.

As my example shows, it's possible to have a sensible RDBMS structure which
interoperates with multiple entries in "requires". If I've misunderstood
something, please let me know what it is.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip

[1] https://gist.github.com/vsajip/5929707