[Distutils] Migrating Hashes from MD5 to SHA256

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jul 26 22:59:08 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> Does the hashlib backport I added to
> setuptools 0.9 for Python 2.4 work on 2.3? It's a pure python
> implementation of hashlib.

Ah, didn't know about that!  I can't imagine what problems there would
be; not much changed in 2.4 that can't be emulated in 2.3.

Anyway, I'll have a look.  Thanks!

> I don't have a Python 2.3 available to attempt to test. To be honest I've
> never even used Python 2.3.

Heh.  Noob.  ;-)  (j/k)

2.3 is basically 2.4 minus decorators, generator expressions, various
builtins and stdlib features.  Unless you used set types, reversed(),
or various other odds and ends, I should be able to backport it.

> [stuff about RHEL support]

If there's a 2.4 hashlib backport, that addresses my concerns just
fine.  If I need to, I'll backport it to setuptools 0.6.  Thanks.