[Distutils] Migrating Hashes from MD5 to SHA256

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 06:58:06 CEST 2013

On 27 July 2013 06:59, PJ Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
>> Does the hashlib backport I added to
>> setuptools 0.9 for Python 2.4 work on 2.3? It's a pure python
>> implementation of hashlib.
>
> Ah, didn't know about that!  I can't imagine what problems there would
> be; not much changed in 2.4 that can't be emulated in 2.3.
>
> Anyway, I'll have a look.  Thanks!

FWIW, I expect the intersection of "running RHEL 4" and "downloading
software directly from PyPI" to be a vanishingly small subset of
humanity - anybody conservative enough to be running a version of RHEL
that old is going to have *very* strict rules about how software gets
onto their production servers and are also likely to be using
something far more recent to talk to the outside world.

Cheers,
Nick.