[Distutils] problems with sdist upload since CDN update

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Sat Jun 1 11:40:42 CEST 2013

On Jun 1, 2013, at 2:33 AM, Matt Wilkie <maphew at gmail.com> wrote:

> sorry, here's the direct branch link :
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~leo-editor-team/leo-editor/trunk3/files
>
> and nightly snapshots: http://www.greygreen.org/leo/
>
> -matt
>
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Matt Wilkie <maphew at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Matt, is your code available online anywhere?
>>
>> yes: https://code.launchpad.net/leo-editor
>>
>> thanks for looking at this.
>>
>> -matt

As far as I can tell your issue is unrelated to the CDN.

I don't know how to use Launchpad very well, but you hit a path in the code that, as far as I know, only gets hit when you don't have a long_description.

This bit of code attempts to extract a long_description from a README file. It explicitly checks for certain extensions and TXT (instead of txt) is not one of them. However it returns a singular None when the calling code expects a 2 item tuple to be returned.

I'm guessing that you didn't have a long_description when it wasn't working, and your README file was named README.TXT, and between when it wasn't working and when it was you added a long_description.

Is my guess correct?

The bit of code in question is https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi/src/0fd0fd89b791bc2641382f81dcc677ae4742abf7/description_utils.py?at=default#cl-202

Donald Stufft